Alex Born, Founder
Armed with a music degree, an electronic engineering degree, constant playing experience, and having taught over twenty thousand private lessons, Alex Born wanted to make a modern guitar school so he started Rockwell.
After teaching guitar to 30-55 students per week since 2008, he developed teaching techniques and methods that many teachers never have the volume to experiment with. Some of them are:
- Starting with students' musical passions and mixing in fundamentals as needed.
- Being relevant and accessible online and in social media.
- Having teachers that are excellent communicators, rather than great players with no social skills.
- Being punctual and organized.
- Not overbooking teachers so that students get the full benefit of the teacher's energy.
- Knowing musical tradition, but not being bound by it.